My wife sent me a great little article about chiropractic care and pregnancy written by Dr. Jennifer Wise, D.C. from Toronto, ONT, Canada. It’s always great to see positive and accurate publicity about the benefits that regular chiropractic care can provide for a healthy pregnancy.
Here are some of the key points:
* Chiropractic care during pregnancy can help the baby assume her optimal birthing position.
* The Webster Technique is a specific chiropractic adjustment that reduces the risk of having a breech baby.
* The Webster Technique should be started as soon as you find out your baby is breech.
* Choose a chiropractor trained through the International Chiropractic Paediatric Association (ICPA).
* Improve your own spinal alignment by preventing repetitive movements to one side.
In the near future I will be developing some articles specifically dealing with the importance of The Webster Technique, and possibly a video performing the technique so everyone can see how simple it is. Hopefully I can also get permission to publish the results of the technique for the soon to be mothers who have been diagnosed specifically with a baby in the breech position.
It would be great to keep a running total on that.